My calling seeks me out.

There comes a time when we have to return to the calling and the gifts that we have been given that we may serve the people in the land that we have been called to.


This afternoon, I just came from having a conversation with Sis Elena, an elder and the pastor's wife from my university days in Toowoomba.

The take from our conversation today is something that has been playing on my mind for a while. Our role as followers of Christ is to serve the community with our gifts, and our calling.

The training that a person takes in the beginning of his life sets a path for the person in the days to come. For me, that is of my early days of training in childcare, as well as in hospitality.

The calling to serve the community and share the love of Christ through what the gifts and training that I've had in childcare, and in hospitality.

One of the things that I have wanted to do the year before was to start my own family day care centres. A family day care is just a home based care for children, with a maximum of 7 children, of which a maximum four preschool aged children.

I've even christened it "Charis Tree", meaning a tree overflowing with God's grace. The grace that will flow into the community which it will come to serve.

Psalms 1:3 "That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither- whatever they do prospers". 

However I put that aside in Sydney last year as it was difficult for me to rent my own property. Hence I was thinking of finding a job in childcare when the call to relocate to Melbourne came. I told myself that should this new venture fail, it is back to family day care in the future.

So packed away everything, and haul ass and everything into my small Honda Jazz driving two days to Melbourne.

It's been six months since I've settled in Melbourne and started with our new venture here.

A conversation that my father had with some friends who visited our home on Friday made me realise that perhaps this new venture has indeed played more into my father's strength than it was for me. The elder pointed out to me that my father's words are indeed true and revealing.

The Lord's voice beckons. My calling is returning to seek me.

Comments

Popular Posts